Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is Head & Shoulders shampoo causing hair loss?

I started using Head %26amp; Shoulders shampoo last year. After a few months on H%26amp;S I noticed a small bald spot I had on the top of my head towards the back seemed a little larger, but dismissed it for just being the way the hair was pushed. However, lately when I switched to a new Head %26amp; Shoulders formula, my hair started rapidly thinning to the point where theres a line of almost baldness with the hair going in either direction the way it grows on the crown of my head.





After some research online, it seems like others are reporting this issue as well including teenagers and its all occurring on the same part of the head.





I'm 21 with thick hair and absolutely no Male Pattern Baldness in the family. The fact that this is happening so rapidly has left me wondering whether or not it actually is MPB or if it's a reaction to the shampoo that only a small number of people get.





Information on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Is Head %26amp; Shoulders shampoo causing hair loss?
The shampoo could create a problem but there are also many other possibilities. There are many other reasons you can lose your hair. Some of the causes of baldness may represent serious health problems. That's why it's important to talk about hair loss with a physician.


Poor nutrition can lead to hair loss as can fad diets and eating disorders such as anorexia. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. Other reasons can include thyroid problems and a form of lupus.


The medical opinion concerning the role of emotional stress in balding is mixed.


Anyway take a look at this site for more info


http://www.healthyu-skin.org/hair.htmIs Head %26amp; Shoulders shampoo causing hair loss?
I use head and shoulder for years and I have been losing a lot of year. I don't have any health problems or whatever.

Report Abuse



I've used it all my life and had no hair loss. Maybe it does. You should write a book about it and get rich! I'd buy it!
Well, I'm 17 with a short military butch cut; but not too short since it's winter (I'd say about an inch long from the scalp; and I comb it down) and I use head and shoulders and have been for 2+ years. I've never had the problem you're describing; but a hair stylist told me once a little trick to avoid Dandruff plus get easy hair to work with that's soft; that's what I've been doing for over a year.





I shower every morning, but on Monday mornings I always use Head and Shoulders. The rest of the week I use regular shampoo. It keeps the dandruff away and my hair is perfect. One time I got a few flakes on the back of my jacket so I used Head %26amp; Shoulders on Tuesday and Wednsday and it went right away.





I highly suggest this method.





Plus; head and shoulders is a bit pricey, so it cuts down on the costs a bit. ;)
I would simply switch products. if a trend is happening amongst other people in your age there must be a problem then...


check the bottle for a 1800 number, call them a nag. then throw away the bottle right away lol.





you may get some free stuff out of it. you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment